The Birks Family Foundation is committed to realizing the best possible standard of living and quality of life for all Canadians, primarily through the support of dynamic health care and higher education, as well as cultural and welfare initiatives.
Today, wholly independent from the Birks brand, the Birks Family Foundation, through its support of registered Canadian charities, continues to uphold long-held family traditions by principally funding:
- Organizations either primarily focused on Quebec, or those whose work is broadly national in nature;
- Public sector organizations, including universities, hospitals, libraries and museums;
- Projects that demonstrate unique innovation in their field and/or pioneer state-of-the-art technology;
- Long range projects designed to become self-sustaining; and,
- Organizations that actively engage directly with their target group through programs and/or services.