Mental Health Mondays: Meditation for Mental Noting
End your May long weekend on a positive & peaceful note with this edition of Mental Health Mondays! Join Brittany Lynn in a 5 minute meditation for Mental Wellness. You can read this meditation using the guide below or listen via Soundcloud. Enjoy!
- Comfortable Seat – Find a quiet space and a comfortable seated position. Option to cross your legs or sit in a chair with your feet flat on the ground. Whatever feels good! Sit upright with palms rested gently on your knees. Lift your shoulders up and back.
- Close your Eyes
- Breathe – As you settle into this moment begin to take deep inhales and exhales. Bring your awareness to the length of your inhales and exhales. Maybe today your inhales are shorter than your exhales. Maybe there is an equal flow between each inhale and exhale. Continue to breathe at your natural pace.
- Noting – It is normal for your mind to wander. When your mind begins to wander, note whatever the thought is. Maybe your mind begins to think about all the art you have to create today. With kindness Internally say the word “create”.
- Breathe – Return back to your breath. Inhale for a count of 2, 3, 4 and exhale for a count of 2, 3, 4.
- Label – Sometimes thoughts are accompanied by sensations in our body. What sensations are you coming up with? Maybe you feel an ache in your body. Label this sensation by saying “ache”.
- Breathe – Bring your awareness back to your inhale and exhale.
- Noting – As you breathe what are you feeling? Maybe your thoughts are accompanied by emotions of happiness or frustration. Note the feelings by quietly saying the word “happy”.
- Breathe – Continue your cycle of breath.
- Awaken – When you are ready, bring your awareness back to your body and slowly open your eyes.
As you go about your day continue to note and label your thoughts, feelings and sensations.
Contains a sample of Clarity (Alpha Waves 10hz) and Clairvoyance (Alpha Waves 8hz) by Syntropy courtesy of Epidemic Sound.
Photographer: Patricia Sequeira Photography ( https://www.instagram.com/psphotography.ca/)