The Urban Art Centres Operating Support program provides financial assistance to established community-based not-for-profit arts and cultural organizations delivering arts-based programming in any of the arts disciplines to targeted (underserved or underrepresented) (high-need/high-risk) urban communities in Manitoba that have little or no capacity for revenue generation or direct cost recovery through program delivery.
These organizations offer arts-based programs that: help to nourish personal and social development; contribute to healthy lifestyles in safe environments; and provide opportunities for targeted individuals to be engaged citizens and to play active roles in community revitalization.
• Operate as an incorporated non-profit organization or under the jurisdiction of an incorporated non-profit organization.
• Have programming that is open and accessible to the public.
• Provide consistent evidence of sound management and fiscal accountability and be able to demonstrate the ability to adjust to the economic climate. In order to ensure organizational stability, clients are encouraged to develop an operating surplus or reserve appropriate to the size and scope of their operations.
• Demonstrate financial need. Complete financial records must be maintained by the organization and be made available to the Manitoba Arts Council upon request.
• Have a constitution and by-laws and operate with a duly elected board of directors.
• Be located within the community it serves.
• Have been in operation for a minimum of two years and have successfully delivered arts-based Urban Art Centre-focused programming on a project basis for a minimum of two consecutive years.
• Develop and deliver programming in one or more arts disciplines with direct and continuous involvement of Manitoba-based professional artists/cultural industry professionals.
• Offer membership open to the public.
• Be open and accessible to the public.
• Be located in an urban area within Manitoba.
Any or All Disciplines, Architecture, Literary arts, Performing arts - Dance, Performing arts - Theatre, Performing arts - Other, Visual Arts, Media Arts, Crafts/Artisan, Music and Sound
Indigenous artists, Artists of Colour, LGBTQIA2S+, Deaf Artists and Artists with Disabilities, Low-income, Immigrant, Refugee, or New To Canada
Minimum Fund Amount
Maximum Fund Amount