Through its Theatre Projects program, Toronto Arts Council (TAC) provides funding support to professional, non-profit, Toronto theatre organizations and collectives to pursue one-time or time-limited theatre projects involving creation, production, presentation, dissemination and/or other activities that contribute to the development of theatre in Toronto. The City of Toronto provides the funding for this program through its Community Partnership and Investment Program.
Applicants may apply in one of five categories:
• Full Production; supports rehearsal, production and presentation of a fully developed work.
• Production in a Festival: supports the rehearsal, production and presentation of a work in a
curated festival. Confirmation of festival participation is required.
• Festival: supports an event that presents theatre groups and artists.
• Workshop: supports the development of a work and involves artists and playwright in the
workshop process, and must include a reading or a presentation. Activities eligible for the TAC
Playwrights grant program are not eligible in this category.
• Special Initiatives: supports projects that develop and advance the practice of theatre in Toronto,
and/or contribute to an understanding and appreciation of theatre. Projects can include professional
development opportunities that benefit the theatre community, conferences, etc.
Performing arts - Theatre
Project: Creating and Presenting
Minimum Fund Amount
Maximum Fund Amount