The Major Arts Festival Operating Support Program provides operating grants to non profit arts festivals that employ Manitoba artists, provide opportunities for the public to experience the work of highly accomplished Manitoba artists and contribute to local tourism and economic activity. Festivals can be provincial, national or international in scope, must have budgets in excess of $250,000.00 and must take place over a minimum of three consecutive days.
The festival must:
• Be open and accessible to the general public.
• Have a total budget in excess of $250,000.
• Be provincial, national, or international in scope.
• Have taken place in Manitoba for a minimum of two years.
• Take place over a minimum period of three consecutive days.
• Have a qualified and professional artistic director who oversees the programming.
• Provide employment to professional Manitoba artists, a minimum of 25% of the total number of artists employed should be from Manitoba.
• Be hosted by an existing, viable Manitoba arts organization and arts presentation should be the principal activity of the organization.
• Operate as an incorporated non-profit organization or under the jurisdiction of an incorporated non-profit organization.
• Have a constitution and by-laws and operate with a duly elected board of directors.
• Provide consistent evidence of sound management and fiscal accountability. In order to ensure organizational stability, clients are encouraged to develop an operating surplus or reserve appropriate to the size and scope of their operations.
• Demonstrate that the festival incorporates a comprehensive and effective audience development strategy.
Any or All Disciplines, Architecture, Literary arts, Performing arts - Dance, Performing arts - Theatre, Performing arts - Other, Visual Arts, Media Arts, Crafts/Artisan, Music and Sound
Minimum Fund Amount
Maximum Fund Amount