This program supports the professional presentation, and promotion of written and oral Canadian literatures in Ontario, and the development of professional, ongoing arts and literary publishing capacity in the province. The program has five categories:
- Festivals and fairs: events including an organized and multi-faceted program of literary activities that takes place within a defined and concentrated period of time of one or more days. Events may be focused on literary performance, the promotion and sale of Canadian books, or both.
- Performance series: event series that host regular events presenting literary performance to the public, including slams, storytelling series, and reading series.
- Development initiatives: activities and initiatives that benefit Ontario’s professional literary sector at large. This includes professional development for literary artists and arts workers, conferences and other activities with a community impact.
- Literary book publishing: the publication of eligible Canadian-authored books (see program-specific definitions below) in print and/or digital formats, for distribution to the public through an identified and viable market channel.
- Literary magazine publishing: the publication of a literary magazine (see program specific definitions below) featuring predominantly Canadian writers and artists in print and/or digital formats.
Please check website for more details
Literary arts, Performing arts - Other
Project: Creating and Presenting
Minimum Fund Amount
Maximum Fund Amount