The Community Arts Councils Operating Support program provides non-profit community organizations outside the City of Winnipeg with annual operating grants. The program supports organizations that develop and coordinate a variety of arts programming open to the public in a range of arts disciplines. The program increases access to local arts programming across the province by encouraging arts skills development, arts presentation opportunities and building community and municipal support for the arts.
• Be a community-based, non-profit organization.
• Be located outside the City of Winnipeg.
• Have a constitution/by-laws, be incorporated, and operate with a duly
elected board of directors.
• Have provided programming for a minimum of two years.
• Have municipal support as evidenced by letters of financial commitment.
• Offer programming which consists of a variety of arts activities, including
performing arts events, exhibitions, readings, lectures, workshops, and
• Allow membership to be open to the public and make programs open
and accessible to the public.
• Provide evidence of sound management and fiscal accountability. In
order to ensure organizational stability, clients are encouraged to develop
an operating surplus or reserve appropriate to the size and scope of their
Any or All Disciplines
Engaging Communities, Operational Funding, Strategic Funding
Artists Living in Rural Regions
Minimum Fund Amount
Maximum Fund Amount