The Neighbourhood Arts Network Community Arts Award is a $10,000 cash prize celebrating an individual artist or organization that has made a significant contribution in Toronto, by working collaboratively with culturally diverse communities and creating access to arts and culture. Established in 2013 as the Diversity Award, the award was re-named the Community Arts Award in 2018. The Community Arts Award is part of our Vision Awards, presented in the fall of each year.
This award is generously sponsored by MOD Developments Inc.
Neighbourhood Arts Network is an initiative of Toronto Arts Foundation.
To be eligible for the award, all nominees must demonstrate a commitment and/or focus on community-engaged arts and access to arts and culture in Toronto. The nominee may not be awarded more than one Toronto Arts Foundation award within any given year.
In addition, the nominee (for individuals) must:
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Be a Toronto-based professional artist
- Demonstrate a commitment to or focus on community-engaged arts
- May only receive the award once (this does not preclude a recipient from being considered for a different Toronto Arts Foundation award in the future)
- Not be serving as board or committee members of the Toronto Arts Foundation or Toronto Arts Council (Nominees are welcome to nominate themselves)
In addition, the nominee (the award will be presented next to organizations and collectives in 2020):
- Must be a Toronto-based organization/collective that has been in operation for one year or more
- Must have demonstrated a commitment to or focus on community-engaged arts
- Are only eligible to receive this award once