Improve community buildings and spaces. Capital grants provide funding over one year to help organizations respond to the capital needs of Ontario’s communities.
Apply for a Capital grant to improve the infrastructure communities need to thrive. Capital grants support projects that provide people with suitable, accessible, and well-equipped buildings and spaces.
We support Capital grant projects that:
- Improve access to community spaces, programs, activities and services, and facilitate community members’ full participation in the life of the community
- Improve and build community spaces
- Make programs better and more efficient
- Make better use of technology
The Action Areas are broad areas that OTF invests in. For each Action Area, the Priority Outcome is the long-term change your project will contribute to achieving for Ontarians. The Grant Result is what your project will specifically accomplish to support the Priority Outcome.
Successful Capital grant applications should have a clear alignment with the chosen Grant Result.
- Active People: Fostering more active lifestyles
- Connected People: Building inclusive and engaged communities together
- Green People: Encouraging people to support a healthy and sustainable environment
- Inspired people: Enriching people’s lives through arts, culture and heritage
- Promising Young People: Supporting the positive development of children and youth
- Prosperous People: Enhancing people’s economic well-being
Activities funded include:
- buying and installing equipment
- doing renovations, installations and repairs
- building structures or spaces
- making better use of technological resources