Theatre Network is currently rebuilding our venue, The Roxy Theatre, lost to fire in 2015. When open to the public, the building will include: a 200 seat mainstage theatre, a multi-functional blackbox performance space, a rehearsal hall, and 3 gallery spaces (one on each level of the building). These new gallery spaces will offer visual artists another space and opportunity to showcase and sell their works.
CALL FOR ARTIST SUBMISSIONS
Theatre Network is now accepting expressions of interests from artists who wish to be considered for future showings in The New Roxy Theatre. See below for more info, or download a PDF call for submissions here.
Artists must be Canadian citizens or Permanent Residents, have an established art practice, and be free to enter into an agreement to have the ROXY show and sell works on their behalf. We encourage artists of all diversities and backgrounds to apply.
- Work may be 2-dimensional wall-mounted, 3-dimensional wall-mounted or free-standing, executed in any medium. Exhibition space is limited in its ability to accommodate work involving sound, light or movement.
- Artists may submit up to 10 works for consideration, but should submit no less than 3 works so the Curator is able to gain a reasonable understanding of your practice.
- Images of the works should be submitted via high resolution photographs, via email, dropbox, Google Drive, or another file sharing service for large format images.
HOW TO SUBMIT
All expressions of interest from artists should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Artists will need to provide:
- Contact details
- Title of works
- Category of work (2-dimensional and wall-mounted / 3-dimensional – free-standing)
- Media and substrate of works
- Dimensions of works
- Price of works
- Whether work is framed or not
- Artist Statement (maximum 250 words) about your overall practice
- Digital images of work. For each entry you can submit up to two digital images for 2D work and three digital images for 3D work. One of these must show the entire work (not including the frame or any background). Optionally, additional images may be a photo of a significant detail or texture.
- Digital images must be submitted in JPEG format
- Resolution – 72 pixels per inch
- Dimensions – minimum 1500 pixels on the long side (1500p high for portrait format / 1500p wide for landscape format)
- File size – maximum 24MB
If you prefer to submit your work already optimized for best viewing, please use the following specifications:
- JPG at 95% quality
- 4096 pixels on the long side @ 72 ppi
- these specs will yield 12.8MB, or you can set your software to a maximum size of 12.8MB
*The photographs must be an exact representation of the work being submitted.