Start Date: Summer 2021
Salary: Hourly based on experience.
Term: Part-time Contract, no specific end date.
Directed by Michelle Soulliere, South Windsor School of Music has provided our community with private music education for over 15 years with an excellent reputation as both a great place to teach and to take lessons. Our school takes care of collecting student payments, marketing, booking and maintaining teachers schedule, planning and organizing group recitals, facilitating effective communication between students, teachers and the school, and assuring we have a clean, welcoming and appropriate space for our students. We always pay you for your time. We have an on-site retail store for our students and we sell to our teachers at-cost. We welcome teacher feedback and input on our services and products. This is a team. Grow with us!
Our school runs lessons during the following times: Mondays-Thursdays 3-8:30pm, Fridays 4-7pm, Saturdays 9am-3pm.
We are currently seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic contract Voice/Piano Instructor to teach half-hour private lessons and group lessons to children, youth and adults out of our studio in South Windsor.
- Provide an educational, interesting and enjoyable experience of music education for every student.
- Monitor student progress and adjust teaching methods and materials when necessary.
- Encourage and adequately prepare students to participate in South Windsor School of Music recitals and marketing activities, as well as other competitions, festivals, and exams, if appropriate.
- Be prepared and punctual.
- Notify office staff of any student’s learning, physical or personal challenges & consult with parents when needed.
- Adhere to school guidelines and policies and attend appropriate staff meetings when possible.
- Request any necessary student materials from the school.
- Mark student attendance.
- Notify office staff of any personal schedule change requests.
- Participate in school marketing activities.
Skills & Requirements
- Adaptability & flexibility
- Ability to communicate well with people from all walks of life and from many cultural backgrounds
- Knowledge of different approaches to teaching music
- Ability to teach various styles of music
- Criminal record check
- Proven skills training
- Experience working with children is considered an asset
- Teaching experience is considered an asset
- Post-secondary education in music is considered an asset
- Familiarity with music festivals such as Kiwanis is considered an asset
- Ability to teach RCM voice curriculum is considered an asset
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter, resume & availability based on our teaching hours in PDF format via email to Michelle Soulliere at firstname.lastname@example.org or in person during business hours at South Windsor School of Music.
Application Deadline Wednesday, June 30th at 11pm. We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.