ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
Pride YMM Festival is an annual celebration of the LGBTQ2S+ community in the Wood Buffalo region. The Festival builds awareness and promotes inclusion of LGBTQ2S+ in Wood Buffalo. Celebrations for 2021 will be held on September 5th at Shell Place Stadium in Fort McMurray, and this marks the 5th year of the festival. Festivities will include performances, market vendors, food and drinks, awards, competitions, and more.
ABOUT THE COMMISSION
- Pride YMM is commissioning a number of performances, which could include individual performers or groups.
- Pride YMM is particularly interested in performances that support the character of the festival, build awareness, and promote inclusion of LGBTQ2S+ in Wood Buffalo.
- Artists/Performers must be Wood Buffalo residents for the duration of the project
- Proposals could be for individual performers or groups.
- Performances should run between 5 and 50 minutes.
- Performers may be required to meet and/or communicate with the Stage Manager before the event.
- Submissions from everyone are welcome, though preference will be given to those that self-identify as LGBTQ2S+.
Performances must be engaging in nature and may include, but are not limited to:
- Circus Arts
- Drag Performances
- Spoken Word
SUBMITTING A PROPOSAL
- Please fill out the following form by July 28 at 12 p.m. (noon): https://forms.gle/s54RdoZCm17tmPbaA
Submissions must be received by 12 p.m. (noon) on July 28, 2021. Late submissions will not be considered for hire.
We request performers to present their Fee for Service when filling out the Proposal form. Fees may be negotiated with Pride YMM. Performers may also choose to perform on a volunteer basis.
Artists will be selected based on quality and appropriateness for the festival. Priority will be given to artists who provide clear proposal descriptions, fit the character of the festival, and self-identify as LGBTQ2S+.
Please note that only selected artists will be notified.
ABOUT PRIDE YMM
Pride YMM is a group of community members committed to raising awareness and promoting inclusion of LGBTQ2S+ people in Wood Buffalo. Pride YMM coordinates LGBTQ2S+ affirming events, support programs, advocates for LGBTQ2S+ inclusion, and provides training and resources. Their goal is to unite and empower gender diverse people and people of diverse sexual orientations. Pride YMM aims to foster belonging and create safer spaces and communities for all.
QUESTIONS AND MORE INFORMATION
For questions or more information about this artist call or application process, please contact Communications Manager, Will Collins, at email@example.com or 587-674-1625 x.104.
For questions or more information about Pride YMM Festival, please contact Pride YMM at firstname.lastname@example.org.