The Art of Upcycling
The Pitt Meadows Art Gallery invites artists to submit their upcycled artwork and products for our ‘Art of Upcycling’ exhibition which runs from July 24 – September 5, 2021. Upcycling is the conversion of used materials into something more useful, beautiful and more valuable than its original state.
Work for this exhibiton will be evaluated on the following:
- All artwork must be for sale
- All work must be made from upcycled materials, however we will allow not more than 10% of the materials to be new
- All work must have hardware to attach to the walls or be free standing (with or without support)
- For professional artists – Gallery Application form including Appendix, CV, bio and Artist Statement
- For non-professional artists – Gallery Application Form including Appendix, Bio and Artist Statement
- For Artisans – Gallery Shop Application including Appendix
Deadline for submissions is Friday June 25, 11:59pm
All applicants will receive an email confirming the status of their application by Wednesday June 30, 2021. All accepted works will be scheduled for drop off between July 11 – July 14.
The Pitt Meadows Art Gallery accepts submissions on an ongoing basis for its six annual exhibitions and small dedicated Gallery Shop. PMAG is committed to supporting local and regional artists and artisans who would like to have their work featured in our beautiful gallery space.
We welcome submissions with the following criteria:
- All original visual art mediums including 2D and 3D
- All work must be exhibition ready; for 2D work it must be matted and framed, except gallery wrap canvas or stretched canvas, 3D work must have the appropriate supporting structures
- All work must have the appropriate hanging hardware; framed – wire, D-rings, screw eyes or sawtooth hangers. Canvas – D-rings or wires
- All work must be available for sale
- Artists under the age of 18 must provide a letter with parent/guardian consent
How to Submit an Application
Download and complete the Art Gallery Exhibition application form, along with the corresponding applications Appendix A and send via email or mail.