The Nick Novak Mid-Career Printmaker Residency provides a mid-career or established printmaker with a year-long residency to explore and create a specific project culminating in a final exhibition in Open Studio’s Main Gallery.
- Mid-career* or established artists with print experience
- The artist must demonstrate the ability to work safely in a print studio
*Mid-career or Established: artists with an exhibition record minimum of 5 years.
- Twelve months of studio access*
- Education to one 4-week class
- $800 materials bursary
- Storage for the duration of residency
- Open Studio Membership
- Solo Main Gallery exhibition, CARFAC Artist Fee will be issued
- $300 artist talk fee
- Promotion through Open Studio’s marketing initiatives
- Opportunity to sell artwork through Open Studio Shop
*Minimum stay of eight consecutive months. Please note that while Open Studio does not provide financial support for travel or accommodation, we are happy to supply artists accepted to the program with a letter of support to be used for funding applications.
- Maintain a consistent art production schedule during the tenure of the residency period
- Artist talk to discuss the process/project
- Open Studio may request up to two fundraising prints
Submissions will be juried and notifications sent out approximately eight weeks from the deadline. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of the competition.