We are looking for creative submissions from BIPOC folks with disabilities ONLY. We will select creative works for a digital interactive zine. The works will be selected based on:
(1) diverse voices from different perspectives outside white disabled space;
(2) vulnerability and honesty;
You do not have to be skilled. We want to uplift the voices of the marginalized, so you don’t have to be a professional. We are looking for intimate vulnerable pieces to showcase our humanity in world that refuses to do so.
We are accepting visual arts, poems, essays, diary entries, voice recording and music in the following formats:
All images must be jpeg with dimensions of A5 or square.
Must be less than 1000 words, we accept all kinds of works no matter the grammar error. Send in .doc or .docx format
Must be in .mp3/.mp4 format and within 10 mins length.
QUESTIONS TO GET YOU STARTED
1) How has race impacted the way people see your disabilities? In the healthcare system? Family? Society?
2) How has your cultural background help you find joy while living with disabilities?
3) What are some stories you wish people knew about you?
Honorariums will be provided.
Submission Deadline: July 31st, 2021