APPLICATION FORM & INSTRUCTIONS: Video Art – Artist in Studio – Application Form
Event Date & Location:
Outdoor Film Screening: Saturday, September 18, 2021 | Multicultural Heritage Centre Outdoor Amphitheatre, physically distanced event
Film Screening Description:
Creativity is contagious. In this outdoor film screening, viewers will journey into the artmaking places and processes of local artists who share their inspirations, working habits, and art. Join in for an evening of ideas, art materials, and insight.
Submission Deadline: July 9, 2021
The Multicultural Heritage Centre is looking for 4 to 6 artists. We will be creating short films of 3 to 5 minutes in length of each selected artist in their studios. These films will include a studio tour, footage of the artist-at-work, and artist interview. These short films will be screened at our outdoor Video Art event. The goal is to share local artists’ work and studios in a time where public studio visits are not happening due to the pandemic. We want to encourage our community with creativity, while promoting local makers and artwork. The short film artist videos will also be shared on the Multicultural Heritage Centre YouTube channel.
Artists, please submit the following:
Entry Package to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Four (4) pieces of your artwork AND four (4) photographs of your art studio. Total eight (8) jpeg files. NOTE: Image size should not exceed 1 MB. Include artist’s name and title in the filename.
- Completed application form
- Artist Statement
- Artist Bio
- One-minute (max) video telling us why we should choose you for the video studio tour and artist interview. You can send this video by wetransfer, Google Drive, or in a link.
- Apply by July 9, 2021.
- Acceptance confirmation by July 16, 2021.
- Studio filming and artist interview dates will take place early August 2021.
- Outdoor Film Screening: Saturday, September 18, 2021. Artists are asked to be in attendance.
- Artist videos will be premiered on the Multicultural Heritage Centre October, November, and December 2021.
Art Media Accepted:
All mediums will be considered. Artists must have a studio where the Multi Centre can film the artist at work and conduct the interview.
The Multi Centre will send the one (1) filmmaker to film the artist in their studio, maintaining COVID protocols, physical distancing, and proper PPE (personal protective equipment). If indoor gathers are still prohibited August 2021, the Multi Centre will conduct educational training for the artists to film themselves in their studios, teaching about lighting, angles, and interviewing techniques. The filmmaker and artists will have consultation emails and phone calls/Google Meets prior to the filming to assist the process overall.