Make Room is a new AGO Youth digital series inviting artists to give personal tours of their studios. We invite youth from across Canada to create a Make Room Youth Advisory Group to develop and co-curate this series with AGO staff from the Education and Programming department. This is a paid opportunity for youth ages 16-25 that runs biweekly from September to December 2021, with a final engagement at the end of 2022 to celebrate the series.
What does it mean to be on the Make Room Youth Advisory?
When you become a Make Room Youth Advisory (Make Room YA) member, you attend bi-weekly meetings with AGO staff and other awesome youth, through an online platform to plan, create and co-curate the Make Room series. The program is fully digital and you are not required to be onsite. Make Room YA members will work closely with AGO staff to co-curate a glimpse into artist’s studios and their process.
Make Room Youth Advisory Responsibilities
- Attend formal Make Room YA bi-weekly meetings from September-December
- Collaborate with AGO staff in the planning, co-curation and delivery of the Make Room program
- Promote the program to your audiences
- Participate in a culminating event to celebrate the series in December 2022
- Share feedback and evaluation on the program
Wednesday evenings 4 – 5:30 pm, biweekly September through December.
Benefits of being on the advisory
- Paid opportunity: an honorarium of $2000 will be provided at the end of the Make Room Youth Advisory contract
- Gain experience from collaborating with AGO staff and also an opportunity to learn from peers
- Free access to the AGO
- Meet and collaborate with other awesome youth and AGO staff
- Great experience for job and school applications
- References can be provided upon request
How to Apply
We will highly prioritize populations that have not been equally represented in museums including: Indigenous, Black and People of Colour, LGBTQ2+, women, gender non-conforming, and persons living with a disability.
To become a Make Room Youth Advisory member you need to be between the ages of 16 and 25 and live in Canada.
To apply, please complete the form on the AGO website.