CreativeHub 1352 is seeking submissions from visual artists to create an original image for the 2021 Lakeview Farmers’ Market!
The Lakeview Farmers’ Market is unique as it features locally grown, sustainable, organic and artisanal products that provide an important source of income for local farmers, growers, producers and artisans. The market is run by CreativeHub 1352 volunteers and is located at the historical Small Arms Inspection Building site. We are a non-profit incorporated group that supports, arts, culture, heritage and environmental events and programs in Mississauga.
We are looking for original artwork that will express the essence of the Lakeview Farmers’ Market experience, our local farmers and/or their products. We leave it up to your imagination to create a work that will stimulate the senses, express a sense of celebration and community and/or highlight certain aspects of market days. Think of a busy market day, farm vendor stalls, a southern Ontario Farm landscape or farmyard scene, images of fruit, veggies, preserves, or whatever images conjure up this unique “Farmers’ Market” Eight accepted artists’ work will be displayed for the duration of the 2021 market season. The Market operates Sundays from May 30th to October 10th, 10 am to 2 pm.
We believe that the artwork will not only enhance the Farmers’ Market experience for our visitors, but also engage visitors with local, original art and increase exposure for our local artists. Selected works will be posted on the CreativeHub 1352 social media sites as well as our website. Please send a professional image of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org to be juried by the selection committee. All art mediums will be accepted.
A stipend of $300.00/artist will be provided to selected artists.
- Selected images will be printed on a 48H x 32W laminate sheet, to be displayed on an A-Frame Sidewalk Sign
- 3D images are acceptable if available for photographing.
- Photos must be high quality, at least 300 dpi
- PDF format preferred but will accept Adobe, Photoshop, etc.
- Individual artists will have the opportunity to distribute their business cards at the CreativeHub 1352 information booth.
- Image area will be laminated for UV and rain protection.
- Online submissions must be received by midnight on May 30th , 2021.
- Original work is the property of the artists; CreativeHub 1352 reserves the right to reproduce the work for marketing purposes; all artists will be credited if the image is reproduced.
- Artists will be invited to an unveiling of their work in June 2021.