IMPACT 2021, NPCC’s Annual Online Juried Exhibition
Submission Dates: June 1 to June 30, 2021
Exhibition from: August 9 to September 6, 2021
Artists at early, mid, and later points in their career are invited to submit to Neilson Park Creative Centre’s (NPCC) IMPACT 2021, Annual Juried Exhibition.
IMPACT is NPCC’s most anticipated show that fosters creativity in the artistic community. This year’s exhibition will be juried virtually and exhibited online. IMPACT 2021 aims to bring together artists practicing in diverse media and approaches, both traditional and contemporary, while showcasing artwork of the highest standard.
Submission Dates: June 1 to June 30, 2021
Exhibition Dates: August 9 to September 6, 2021
Virtual Exhibition Reception and Awards: August 12, 2021, 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
First Place: $200 plus the opportunity to exhibit in our Emergence Gallery at IMPACT 2022 in July 2022
Second Place: $100
Third Place: $75
Two Honourable Mentions: $50 each
Noni Kaur and Bruce Parsons
Noni Kaur, is an award winning multidisciplinary artist, educator. Noni explores potentialities of expression, as a loom between cultures, through immersive, reactive, multi-sensory ephemeral installations that bridges the gaps between gender, culture, the body, and the non-human world. Kaur’s bold and sensuous canvases and ground sculptures stem from her heritage as a Singaporean woman of Punjabi heritage. Kaur’s works are an embodiment of her response to intersectional identity in communities and the construction of body prints and cell mapping on paper, stemming from her cultural history. Kaur’s work has been featured in international venues across North America, Europe, Australia, and Asia, including: the Havana Biennale, Cuba; the Asian Art Biennale, Dhaka, Bangladesh; the Fukuoka Triennale, Asian Art Museum, Japan; White Columns, New York; and the Henie Onstad Kunstsenter, in Oslo, Norway. She is a full-time faculty member in the Arts Foundation and Visual & Digital Arts Programs at Humber College, Toronto.
Bruce Parsons has been exhibiting in solo and group exhibitions throughout his long practice as a painter, printmaker, muralist and installation artist. He was part of Emma Lake workshops lead by Frank Stella, Ken Noland, Jules Olitski, John Cage and Clement Greenberg. Parsons was part of the conceptual art practice at the Nova Scotia College of Art and Design from early to mid 1970’s. From late 1970’s to late 2000 he was a Director of the Graduate MFA programme and Associate Professor of Fine Arts Department at York University. His extensive exhibition record includes solo and group exhibitions across Canada in both private, artist run spaces and public galleries as well as in exhibitions in Beijing, New York City, Hong Kong and New Castle Upon-Tyne, England. Throughout his career as an art educator he was responsible for installing more than 150 commissioned murals by Fine Arts students at the York University campus.
- All submitted artworks will be juried by our jurors.
- Decisions will be made on the digital images submitted by the artist.
- The jury’s decision is final.
- Accepted artists will be notified by email by August 2, 2021.
- NPCC reserves the right to use submitted images for publicity purposes.
- Each artist may submit digital images for one or two artworks in any medium.
- Digital images must be submitted in a .jpg format. Colour mode must be RGB or SRGB (not CMYK)
- Images should be labelled as follows: LastName_FirstName_ArtworkTitle
- Artworks must be original.
- Artworks must have been created within the last two years and not displayed previously in the galleries at NPCC.
- Video entries should be submitted in MP4 format, uploaded into a google drive and link of the video should be provided in the body of an email.
- Artist statement is required.
- Submissions are complete after the following:
- Application form is completed online.
- Digital images in a .jpg format are received.
- Entry fees are paid online on NPCC’s website. Please find the link to our shopping cart below.
Please note entry fees are non-refundable
NPCC Members and High School, College or University Students
G21IMPACT1: One Artwork: $25 plus HST, total of $28.25
G21IMPACT2: Two Artworks: $35 plus HST, total of $39.55
G21IMPACT3: One Artwork: $40 plus HST, total of $45.20
G21IMPACT4: Two Artworks: $50 plus HST, total of $56.50
Sale of Art
- Sales of artwork are processed by NPCC. Artists will be notified by email when artwork is sold.
- Delivery of sold artworks. Sold artworks should be dropped off at NPCC by September 10, 2021. NPCC will arrange for the purchaser to pick up the artwork.
- Cheques for artwork sales will be issued and mailed to the artist within 30 days after the show closes, less 15% commission to NPCC.
- HST is applicable on all sales. HST will be remitted to all artists on submission of their HST registration number, otherwise HST will be reported and remitted by NPCC.
How to Submit Your Artwork for Jurying
- Complete the application form with artist statement below.
- Submit your images in the application form below or email to firstname.lastname@example.org attention Cory.
- Images must be in a .jpg format. Colour mode must be RGB or SRGB (not CMYK)
- Videos must be in a MP4 format, uploaded into a google drive and link of the video should be provided in the body of an email.
- Please label your images with: LastName_FirstName_ArtworkTitle
Make your payment:
- To pay online click here.
- To pay by cheque make your cheque payable to Neilson Park Creative Centre. Mail cheque to Neilson Park Creative Centre, 56 Neilson Drive, Etobicoke, ON, M9C 1V7, attention: Cory
For any questions or assistance please email Cory at email@example.com