The Gathering Divergence Multi-Arts Festival and Conference has been a powerful, positive and supportive convening of arts practitioners geared towards sharing strategies in the engagement of indigenous, racialized, deaf, disabled and mad, women and other historically – marginalized artists and communities. This year, Gathering Divergence Multi-Arts Festival & Conference Fall 2021 | Art in the Time of Healing: The Importance of IBPOC Arts in Planetary Renewal will explore the role of IBPOC artists and organizations in the time of healing and renewal as our society emerges and reopens from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Held over three days, the festival and conference will feature panel discussions, showcase performances, workshops and networking opportunities for arts organizations, artists and arts sector professionals asking the same questions about anti-black racism in the arts, digital technology, its intersections with one’s artistic / organizational practices all grounded within the EDIP (Equity, Diversity, Inclusivity towards Pluralism). The sessions will be aimed at investigating systemic challenges, providing professional development while building organizational and artistic capacity. We aspire to explore the many ways in which the arts and healing will support cultural impact, civic engagement and deeper understanding of emerging digital frameworks with a focus on planetary renewal.
What we offer:
• Opportunity to display / showcase / facilitate a workshop to a wide range of artists/ audience, publicity, copy of performance. (No more than 15 minutes in length)
• Visual Arts / Workshop RFP’s MUST include:
• Compensation Range:
– Dance / Theatre / Music Honorariums $400 – $1000 (based on the number of artists)
– Literary Readings up to $300
– Exhibition fees for Visual Artists will be based on CARFAC Standards
Workshops $250 (1 hour maximum, all disciplines)