Regent Park Public Art
The art piece should resonate with Regina’s natural landscape and should provoke thought about the diversity of people and creatures who use the park. Artists will be asked to make use of or create a dialogue with the tree snags that have been left for the birds, squirrels, and other creatures.
The space meanders through the Regent Par 3 area along the pathway. A map of the space and images of the referenced tree snags are included in this package.
The maximum total budget for this project, inclusive of materials, travel, artist fees, and installation is $20,000.00 CAD.
Proposals must be complete for consideration. All proposals should include the following:
- colour rendering of the proposed piece
- one-sentence project summary project description including how it resonates with the space and natural landscape
- description of how the work will engage diverse audiences
- logistics and technical considerations, including size, weight, dimensions, installation method, and other information such as technical needs
- installation method
- images – up to 6 images of past works
- artist bio/CV
- optional: further documentation, such as website and social media handle
In order to ensure our public spaces reflect the diversity of our community, and to encourage opportunities for those who may experience oppression and/or exclusion, please indicate if you belong to any equity-seeking groups (Indigenous, ethnocultural minorities, 2SLGBTQ+, ability, etc.). If yes, please indicate which are part of your identity.