Call to Artists for Prequalification!
TORONTO TRANSIT COMMISSION
PUBLIC ART COMPETITION
EASIER ACCESS III SECOND EXITS FOR SEVEN STATIONS
The Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) is seeking to prequalify up to 21 professional Artists to develop concept proposals for 7 public art opportunities in stations along Line 2 (Bloor-Danforth).
Up to 3 artists will be selected to develop proposals for artwork integrated into each of the following stations as part of TTC’s Easier Access & Second Exit Project: Bay, Castle Frank, Christie, Donlands, Keele, Lansdowne and Spadina. Ultimately, one Artist will be selected to complete an integrated artwork at each of these stations.
Professional Artists are invited to submit expressions of interest, CV, images of past work and reference, in accordance with the specifications within the full Request for Prequalification Document.
The selected Artists’ Scope of Work will include all stages of the development and installation of the artwork, from conception to completion, including but not limited to:
- Working with the project team to achieve an accepted concept within the schedule set for the project;
- Conducting technical research and providing samples of the proposed technique of integrating the artwork into the station;
- Working with the TTC’s art consultant and the station project team to present the concept to both public and TTC events, as required;
- Working with the project team to address maintenance requirements for the artwork; and
- Providing all materials, labour and services for the design, construction and installation of their artwork.
Date Posted: Thursday, April 1, 2021
Bid Close Date: Thursday, May 6, 2021 1:59:59 p.m.
Reference No. R11PJ21055