Factory Media Centre (FMC) is seeking submissions for Alt-Futures, a digital residency program for emerging BIPOC artists and creators. From May to July, residents will be offered the opportunity to build technical skills and work collaboratively with other folks interested in digital media. Alt-Futures is open to Ontario-based BIPOC new media artists and creatives who practice outside of Toronto.
Alt-Futures has five open spots for artist residents. Residents will learn from visiting artist-facilitators who will host workshops on various digital skills including:
– Creative coding
– Digital art documentation
– Live streaming
– Adobe Basics
– Alt-Futures welcomes emerging artists who Black, Indigenous, and people of colour; who may also identify as refugee, newcomer, and/or immigrant persons.
– Emerging artist in this residency call is defined as an artist at the early stages of their digital art career, in any age range.
– Artists whose primary residence is in Ontario outside of Toronto.
– $1000 artist fee for the residency period.
– Payment for culminative group exhibition
– Introduction orientation session and technical assistance as needed
– Staff and board support
– Online studio visit with peers from Hamilton’s art community