Rumble New Creation Night 2021
Liminal Magic: Untrue Stories Live
A night where we gather to share stories.
Rumble is accepting submissions for its first New Creation Night. It’s something like a storytelling night, only the stories don’t have to be true. But they can be, because there’s always a little truth in fiction.
For our first event we’re getting into the seasonal spirit and paying our respect to the night and the space between this world and another. It’s Halloween. It’s Samhain. It’s a kind of magic.
We strongly encourage works including:
Futurism and Afrofuturism
Storytelling and Fable
Underrepresented and Experimental Forms of Storytelling
Works should have a maximum running time of 12 minutes.
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants who’s project draws on or shares traditional knowledge must be able to verify adequate permissions to share this story in public.
We strive to make our events accessible to all artists, including D/deaf artists, artists with lived experiences of disability, neurodivergent artists and artists on the mental health spectrum; and are happy to make accommodations based on the access needs of our selected artists, including ASL interpretation. We especially encourage submissions from QTIBPOC.
We will select three pieces.
How it Works:
– We select story concepts submitted by you.
– Selected Artists write a piece (maximum 12 minutes).
– Pieces will be performed by the writer or another artist as you see fit.
– We will provide an additional fee for a collaborative artist of your choice.
– Underscoring/Musical Accompaniment will be incorporated for mood/tone.
– This all happens LIVE AND IN PERSON!
– Everything gets recorded and broadcast out at a later date for access.
– We host pieces on our podcast platform. You maintain full creative rights to your piece!
Commissioning Fee: $1,500, Collaborating Artist: $1000
Submission Deadline: October 1st
Selection Announcement : October 6th
1st Draft Script Deadline: October 18th
Available Rehearsal Space: October 25th & 26th
Tech/Dress: October 27th [Evening] Additional rehearsal as necessary: October 28th
Event Date: October 29th [Evening]