The City of Burlington (https://www.burlington.ca/publicart) invites professional artists and designers to submit design proposals for a custom relief that will be applied to the concrete portions of the Pine Cove Bridge barrier walls (Burlington, Ontario). The successful artist will be awarded $10,000 for their designs and will be required to submit their artwork as a vector file. All costs and tasks associated with the fabrication, installation and maintenance of the artwork will be paid for by the City of Burlington.
Applications must include the following:
1. Artwork Design Sketches: Submit a maximum of three (3) preliminary design sketches that are representative of the style and theme of the proposed artwork. The sketch must be submitted as a black and white line drawing, in JPEG format.
2. Artist Statement: Submit a brief statement outlining the inspiration for your design (500 words maximum).
3. Curriculum Vitae: Outline recent qualifications and artistic activities (4 pages maximum).
4. Artwork Samples: Submit a maximum of six (6) images of your past artwork.
5. Image List: A list of the artwork samples submitted. Please include: title of artwork, materials, dimensions, date and location of artwork (if applicable).
Important! Please read the full Request for Proposals before submitting your application as this contains important project information. Click HERE to download the Call to Artists document (PDF) (https://burlingtonpublicart.files.wordpress.com/2022/12/pine-cove-bridge_rfp.pdf)