We are looking for emerging artists to be in the Spotlight!
Artists with five years of experience or less are invited to submit a self-filmed video, sharing their practice, stories and journeys of how they arrived as their present self in Toronto. Of these submissions, 52 emerging artists will be selected for the Spotlight, one per week for all of ArtworxTO: Toronto’s Year of Public Art 2021-2022.
Each of the selected Spotlight Artists will receive the following:
– $250.00 CAD honorarium towards their practice, thanks to our friends at RBC
– Promotion via ArtworxTO.ca and CultureTO social media channels
– A one-on-one mentorship meeting with a senior arts professional related to their goals/area of specialty
Applications will be open during four submissions periods:
– Submission Period 1: July 8 – August 8, 2021
– Submission Period 2: September 22 – November 7, 2021
– Submission Period 3: December 13, 2021 – February 6, 2022
– Submission Period 4: March 21 – May 8, 2022
The first Spotlight Artist will be announced Wednesday September 22, 2021.
Please fill out this form to apply. If you have any questions, please contact artworxTO@toronto.ca.
Artists must work or live in Toronto
Artists must be over 18 years of age (or apply with parent/guardian permission)
Artists must identify as “emerging” and have no more than 5 years of experience in their field.
By applying, successful candidates agree to have their uploaded artwork, videos, biography, first name, last name and image shared on the City of Toronto, ArtworxTO.ca website and CultureTO social media channels, this includes Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.