ArtWorksTO provides opportunities for youth media artists (18-29) who identify as Indigenous, Black and People of Colour and/or 2SLGBTQ+ to gain professional experience, skills and network in the media arts industry. ArtWorksTO is a partnership between Toronto Arts Foundation’s Neighbourhood Arts Network (NAN), City of Toronto, The Remix Project, and Ontario College of Art & Design University (OCADU).
This robust program includes a Portfolio Development Workshop delivered by OCAD U, a Certificate in Art and Design Professional Skills delivered by OCAD U to develop creative business skills, a Paid project contract with the City of Toronto and partner arts organizations (OCADU, Toronto Arts Foundation, and the Remix Project), Mentorship with industry advisors delivered by The Remix Project, and Employment supports through the City’s Toronto Youth Partnerships & Employment (TYPE) program (optional), to provide assistance with employment goals, including education, training and wellness supports.
ArtWorksTO is open to:
– Residents of Toronto
– Youth 18-29 (by the application deadline)
– Youth who identify as Indigenous, Black, People of Colour and/or
– Youth who identify as 2SLGBTQ+ (Two-spirited, lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, queer)
– Youth with experience (either self-taught or through community-based or formal training) as a
media artist (videographer, graphic designer, illustrator, photographer, social media communications, User Experience – UX design, etc.)
– Youth artists with career aspirations in the creative industries as a media-based artist, entrepreneur, freelancer, or working professional