ArtWorksTO provides opportunities for youth media artists (18-29) who are Indigenous, Black and People of Colour and/or 2SLGBTQ+ to gain professional experience, skills and network in the media arts industry.
ArtWorksTO is a partnership between Toronto Arts Foundation’s Neighbourhood Arts Network (NAN), City of Toronto, The Remix Project, and Ontario College of Art & Design University (OCAD U).
What does ArtWorksTO offer me?
- A $4,000 paid contract to complete a media arts project
- Industry advice and connections with media arts professionals, coordinated by The Remix Project
- Certificate in Art and Design Professional Skills from OCAD U School of Continuing Studies (only for Next Stream applicants, see FAQ). Want to learn more? Check out this short video detailing the courses, workload and platform details here.
- Additional professional development opportunities
- Employment and wellness support through The City’s Toronto Youth Partnerships and Employment (TYPE) program
- Alumni Pathways (in development)
How do I apply to ArtWorksTO?
- Read the Program Guidelines and FAQ to learn more about eligibility and program offerings.
Join an info session
- Decide if you would like to apply to the Foundations or the Next Stream.
- Prepare your portfolio. Get help with your portfolio by registering for the Portfolio Prep with OCAD U (strongly encouraged)
- Complete your application form
- Submit your application before the deadline