Our Call For Content is Currently Closed.
Feel free to check out our call-for-artists board for more work opportunities!
Who We Are
ArtsUNITE / UNITÉ des arts strives to provide artists and creative entrepreneurs with a free, centralized, comprehensive and humanistic wayfinding service that connects people to resources in the arts. We help you find resources in funding, work, services, crisis support and learning opportunities that are curated according to artist-specific needs. We want Canadian creatives to have equitable access to resources. Adapting to the changing needs of the arts sector post-COVID-19, and with support from partners across Canada, ArtsUNITE / UNITÉ is a dynamic service, focusing on providing diverse and adaptive resources that will enable our creative communities to survive in the current moment and thrive in the long run. We’re on a mission to unite the national Canadian arts sector in a mutual goal of empowering, educating and employing Canadian artists and creatives.
Call for Content
We are currently seeking artists and writers to create and contribute website content.
What are we looking for?
ArtsUNITE is looking for content that provides resources for artists, creative entrepreneurs and the creative community. This can come in the form of blog posts, videos, TikToks, webinars and more! We are looking for original content that speaks to one of these categories:
- Personal Stories: For Black History Month (February, 2022) and Women’s History Month (March, 2022), we are looking for your personal stories! Are you a Black and/or woman artist working in Canada? We want to hear about you and your experiences. We’re looking for stories about facing adversity in the arts industry, using art to explore identity, the intersections of artistic experience, or anything in between.
- Mentorship in Canadian Arts: Mentorship is a key component of arts training in Canada. We’re looking for articles around mentorship in the arts. This could be anything from a mentorship how-to, mentor/mentee success or horror stories, or think pieces on mentoring within specific communities or disciplines.
- Financial resources or advice: What was the first experience you had applying for a grant? Are you a master budget-keeper who could share how to run a balanced personal or business budget? If you were to go back 10 years, what financial advice would you give yourself today? Send us your pitches/stories!
DEADLINE EXTENDED: Jan 14, 2022 6pm PDT/9pm EDT
Starting at $150 for 1 article/ piece of content selected to be published; $200 for webinars/videos; larger honorariums may be devised for series pitches
I’m interested! What do I do?
Send us an application through the link below.
If you have an idea but aren’t sure it fits – reach out to Thea Fitz-James at email@example.com
Tips for pitching
- Your pitch should answer some/all of the following questions: How is your idea a resource for artists? Why do you need to tell this story now? What community does your story speak to? Why is artsUNITE the ideal platform for your story?
- Please be specific with your pitch: one specific idea is better than 3 vague ideas. If we find that your pitch is too short, and the curators are still left with questions, it is unlikely that your content will be selected.
Note on curation
Submissions will be reviewed by our content team and assessed based on current content gaps and your piece’s ability to speak to our content categories. No submission will be unreasonably denied. We prioritize content from Black, Indigenous, racialized artists, 2SLGBTQAI+, women, GNC/GNB creatives, and content creators with disabilities. After your work is selected, you may be asked to do up to 2 rounds of edits, based on the larger editorial goals of our call. Content will be curated in December, 2021, and published in January & February, 2022.
Note on pay
Honorariums will be devised in collaboration with you, the author, and along a sliding scale based on the scope of the piece. We aim to be transparent in our process; please reach out with any questions.
Need help or have questions?
If you have any questions, need clarification, require additional support or have an idea but aren’t sure it fits, reach out to Thea at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all applicants to visit the artsUNITE/UNITÉ des arts website prior to preparing their proposals to have a better understanding of the organization that will be facilitating this call for content.
artsUNITE/UNITÉ des arts provides an online platform that is inclusive and serves as a catalyst for artists to thrive. Our mission reflects this intention, as we welcome people from all experiences, inclusive of sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, religion, race, Indigenous status, ethnicity, mental and physical ability, caregiver status, housing status, place of origin, age and all other statuses protected by the Canadian Human Rights Act. Please click here to read our commitment statement for additional information.