Artscape Daniels Launchpad is seeking requests for proposals from local teachers and coaches to participate in the Toronto Artscape Foundation Launchpad Bursary program. The program provides 500 individuals annually with a six-month Bursary to Artscape Daniels Launchpad, a first-of-its-kind creative entrepreneurship hub designed to help emerging and established artists, designers and creators from all disciplines grow thriving careers. The purpose of the program is to remove barriers for emerging creatives who are interested in joining our community of artists.
Each bursary recipient receives access to:
- A vibrant, collaborative community of fellow designers, creators and artists
- Launchpad Learning programs, social and wellness events
- One-on-one mentorship and coaching support from industry leaders
- The Launchpad coworking space, Computer Lab and our five Creative Studios: Textiles + Fashion, Fine Metals + Jewellery, Digital Fabrication, Electronics and Woodworking.
- Access to our Digital Media Labs for up to 50 individuals per cohort
In advance of the next round of bursaries that will commence on September 15, 2020, Launchpad is seeking to work with a diverse group of teachers and coaches who specialize in topics related to creative industries and people.
About the Bursary Teacher and Coach Opportunity:
Launchpad is looking for up to 10 individuals with experience delivering educational opportunities for creative communities to provide training and coaching that will be accessed by our Bursary recipients from September 2020–February 2021.
The topics of expertise that they are seeking include:
- Financial literacy and management
- Running a small business
- Allyship and Anti-Oppression
- Mindset Shift
- Fundraising and Grant writing
- Planning for Creative Entrepreneurs
- Event Management
- Creative Thinking
- Community Arts
For those interested in teaching and mentorship opportunities, there are two potential streams to participate in. For more information on the two streams including time commitment, budget and guidelines, visit Artscape.ca .
How to Apply
To ensure the process is as equitable as possible, no individual meetings will be held however there will be an information session and Q&A from 12-1pm on Friday, July 24, which you can access using this link.
We are also happy to answer any questions you have via email! Please reach out to the Launchpad Learning Coordinator, Ksenia Khan, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Applications for the bursary program are now closed.