Take in these virtual exhibitions and viewable collections at your own pace and from the comfort of your own home!
- Vancouver Art Gallery, a virtual tour offered via Google street view
- Online exhibitions from several Toronto Galleries and Museums, including the AGO, ROM, MOCA, and the Aga Khan.
- Visit the Virtual Museum of Canada to discover history, art, science, nature and more through virtual exhibits from Canada’s museums and heritage organizations.
- Museums at Home from the Canadian Museum Association provides an extensive list of digital offerings for the at-home exhibition experience.
- Canadian Museum for Human Rights invites you to spend some quality time with powerful exhibits and inspiring stories. Join a Museum guide on a virtual tour of exhibits and architecture.
- The Winnipeg Art Gallery is offering an online look at their collection which includes over 30,000 pieces of work.
- Qaumajuq, a home for Inuit art in Winnipeg. The Winnipeg Art Gallery holds in trust close to 14,000 Inuit artworks – each one with stories to tell.
- The University of Toronto has created a Virtual Art Museum offering a series of panel discussions, lectures, artist talks. Check out past content or upcoming virtual events.
- Have you ever wanted to see inside an artist’s studio? Arts Etobicoke will be hosting an online artist studio tour every Tuesday on Instagram Live @artsetobicoke. If you are an Etobicoke based artist visit the link for details on how to be featured in an upcoming studio visit on their Instagram Live.
- MOCA launched Shift Key in Spring 2020 as a way to present and support more artists via digital offerings. Every two weeks, a new video, by an artist whose work feels relevant at this moment, is shared online to watch for free. The resulting archive, which is available to view, is a document of the conversations and relationships formed this year.
Have you participated in a virtual art experience that you wish to share? Let us know and we will add it to this list!
Contact us firstname.lastname@example.org